If you have trees on your commercial or residential property, investing in tree pruning, every once in a while, is one of the best things you can do. The maintenance activity offers value for the money you spend. Pruning a tree offers the following benefits:
- Improved health – When you remove diseased or pest-infested branches, you will restore the tree’s health. Also, you will keep the health complications affecting a particular tree from spreading to other trees.
- Improved safety – When ignored, tree foliage can grow to the point where it blocks, the driveway. Diseased branches can also fall without a warning. Pruning a tree helps eliminate these safety hazards.
- Stimulate growth – If you want to increase the rate at which a particular tree is growing, pruning can help you with this.
- Suppress growth – If you want a particular tree to stop growing, you can instruct tree professionals to prune the tree in a way that makes this happen.
For years, we have been making trees healthier and safer in Orange County. We work with Orange County residents to ensure that only the right parts of the tree are gotten rid of during the pruning exercise. Check out our tree pruning costs.
Our team has pruned a wide variety of trees in Orange County over the years. Apart from pruning experience, we have the right tree pruning tools. Whenever we prune a tree, the result is always a safer, functional, and aesthetically appealing tree.
Why You Should Invest in Professional Tree Pruning
Tree pruning is not as easy as it may appear. If you do not have tree pruning experience, deciding to prune a tree yourself may not be a good idea. You may end up damaging your property, utilities, or getting injured. If you lack the necessary tools for pruning a tree, you may end up damaging your tree irreparably.
Professional tree pruners already have the required tree pruning tools and experience. Additionally, they have personal protection equipment. This means that they have the capability to handle the tree pruning without endangering you or your property.
If the trees which need pruning are close to power lines, pruning them without experience on how to handle the branches can be tough. You simply cannot cut the branches and allow them to fall down freely. When professionals are pruning a tree that is close to power lines, they will know how to rope the branches down slowly.
Pruning involves getting rid of branches which have issues. As a homeowner, knowing the branches that need to be gotten rid of and the ones which should be retained on the tree can be hard. Professional tree trimmers will, however, have an easier time figuring out which branches to cut. If necessary, professionals will bring an arborist who can help them make the right decisions. This reduces the chances of destroying your tree irreparably to zero.
Tree Pruning Tips
If you have a small tree on your property, you can consider handling basic pruning. To prune the tree correctly, you need to be familiar with the tree pruning tips. We have outlined the tips for pruning a tree below:
- Wait for the dormant season before pruning a tree.
- Consult tree pruning professionals or an arborist before pruning a prized tree. This will help you get the pruning time right.
- If a branch has a diameter of at least 5 cm, consult an arborist before removing it. Removing the bigger branches can affect the tree negatively. You can get rid of branches whose diameter is less than 5 cm.
- Remove the branches which form V-shaped angles with the tree trunk. Leave the branches which feature U-shaped angles.
- Since younger branches feature a lower risk of scarring and they can be managed easily, they are the safest to prune.
- You should allow the collar to stay on the tree. However, avoid leaving a huge stub.
- Work with experienced professionals when pruning a tree.
Preventative Tree Pruning
The idea behind preventative pruning is to improve safety. It helps to get rid of safety hazards. This type of pruning is ideal if your trees are encroaching buildings, paths, or the driveway. Pruning the low-hanging branches can help improve visibility on driveways and pedestrian paths.